Certifications & Certificates
MTC's QuickJobs prepare you for quick jobs. Pick up a paycheck sooner than you think!
QuickJobs was created for one reason. To quickly prepare you to claim one of the Midlands projected 20,000 job openings over the next five years.
- Complete some training in fewer than three months
- Earn $60,000 - $90,000 inmany QuickJobs careers
- Ask about scholarships and other financial assistance available _______________________________________________________________
Over the next five years, there will be a need for 2,500 new employees in alternate energy, such as the skilled crafts technicians, welders and electricians needed by Chicago Bridge and Iron to build new nuclear plants. Companies like Michelin and the new Nephron pharmaceutical facility in Lexington County will need 2,000 employees in advanced manufacturing.
- Building Construction Manager
- Forklift Operator
- Industrial Electrical Technician
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanical Technician
- Machinist / Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator
- Small Engine Mechanic
- South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC)
- Truck Driver/Cdl
- Welder - Day Program
- Welder - Evening Program
Right now in central South Carolina, there is a need for nearly 2,900 information technology workers at companies like BlueCross and BlueShield. That number will only increase.
- Advanced Desktop & Server Administrator
- Computer Technician
- Database Analyst
- Desktop and Server Administrator
- Front-End Web Developer
- Office Administrative Specialist
Companies like Lexington Medical Center, Palmetto Health and Providence Hospitals will need 4,600 additional technical employees over the next five years.
- Cardiac Care Technician
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Clinical Massage Therapist
- EKG Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Office Specialist
- Mental Health Technician - Online
- Patient Care Technician
Area employers of all types have job openings that overwhelmingly require the skills and education QuickJobs is designed to provide. Or with new-found QuickJobs skills, you could even go into business for yourself!
- Accounting & Payroll Specialist
- Audio Engineer
- Cake Decorator
- Customer Relations Specialist
- Floral Designer
- Interior Decorator
- Landscaper and Horticulturalist
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Personal Trainer
- Project Manager
- Veterinary Assistant
Click here to see all of the quick jobs available to you, as well as details on each program's time frame, cost and what you could expect to earn. Call (803) 732-0432 for more information or to get started.Links to help you with career choices and job information:
MTC Student Employment Services
Student Employment Services invite students and alumni to check out the many resources and services available through our office. The staff has the expertise, experience and resources to make your job search easier. We take pride in helping equip you with the job search tools you will need to be successful now and throughout your career. All employment services are provided free of charge to students and alumni.